This is a golf ball that I have played with for 45 holes. I have a high handicap, and I’m not a good golfer anymore, but it’s a big accomplishment not to lose a golf ball in 45 holes, considering the woods and all the hazards beckoning around every bend. I have hit it into the woods before, but I can’t hit it far enough to lose it.
Some observations I’ve made from playing many years of golf:
- Putting is not golf. Putting is surgery.
- I stand too close to the ball…after I hit it.
- True peace of mind only comes to the man who has given up golf.
- The Scots invented golf primarily to sell alcohol.
- The difference between golf and government is that in golf you can’t improve your lie.
- No other game has created so much profanity.
- By my age, my blood pressure score is much more important than my golf score.
- Golf is like a love affair. If you don’t take it seriously, it’s no fun; if you take it seriously it breaks your heart. 💔
One last laugh before we part… An elderly gentlemen went to the pharmacist and asked for 6 Viagra pills. The pharmacist asked…”Is that enough?” The man answered, “Yes, I cut each one into 4 pieces.” The pharmacist said, “They won’t work if you do that.” The old fellow replied, “I just want it to stick out enough so I don’t pee on my new golf shoes.” 😆⛳️